Skin Testing Kit
Scientific skin testing has never been so easy and so private.
1. Order your at home Skin Testing Kit. Once we have received your order we’ll send you a kit with your unique identification number.
2. Take a skin swab by carefully following the instructions included in your Skin Testing Kit and described below.
3. Get your results and advice: skinara will provide you with your skin analysis results and skincare recommendations. You’ll also receive insights and suggestions based on your unique microbiome, lifestyle, and environment to maximize your skin’s health. The more you know about your skin, the healthier and more radiant it will be.
Get started today!
The Skin Testing Kit includes everything you need: a prepaid return envelope, and full DNA sequencing with ratings and reports. The analyses of your skin microbial profile will also come with a link to an offer to purchase a customized skinara skincare product that matches your skin’s unique needs.
Skinara® Skin Testing Kit gives you the most advanced, scientific skin care
Take the swab
We analyze your sample
Receive your results
You can order bespoke products
Track your skin’s progress
Retest and enjoy money off your next products
Got a question?
Anyone who wishes to improve and maintain the health of their skin. Quizzes or questionnaires cannot define skin types or conditions. Now for the first time, customers have full skin microbiome testing available. The test results help our customers improve skin hydration and lipid content, decrease inflammation, slow down aging, promote repair and protect against pathogens. The microbiome analyses can help with a wide range of complaints, including dry or oily skin conditions, redness, sensitivity, breakouts, acne, dermatitis, or diabetes-related skin conditions.
It will tell you what your skin condition is in detail; whether it’s balanced or not and specifically what steps you can take to improve your skin’s quality and youthfulness. We give you practical advice on a range of environmental, lifestyle, dietary, and specific to you health measures that can help boost your skin’s microbiome. You will know everything about your skin to make informed decisions and understand your skin better. We will provide you with further guidance on what types of skincare products, ingredients, and preservatives to use or avoid, regardless of brand.
The analyses are done by our highly skilled microbiologists in world-class genome sequencing facilities using state-of-the-art technology, with a track record of over 10 years of providing high-quality genomic profiling services.
Analysis typically takes between 15 to 20 days once we receive your skin swab sample. You can then download your results.
The price includes Skin Testing Kit, prepaid return envelope, DNA sequencing analyses, and reports. The analyses of your skin microbial profile will come with a link to an offer to purchase a customized skinara skincare product that matches your skin’s needs.
Yes, based on the test results, we offer a bespoke service to formulate serums in 2 volume options: 30ml (1 fl.oz) at $79 or 50ml (1.69 fl.oz) at $89 that are specific to your skin’s unique needs, and individual microbiome profile, lifestyle, and environment. Our personalized serums formulated just for you, are supercharged to boost your skin’s microflora to its optimum.
All Skinara’s products are microbiome friendly.
Yes. We recommend you recheck your skin’s improvements to see the results your skin is making. The costs of the tracking will be fully redeemable from your orders. You will receive the link for retesting on your results email.
We also strongly recommend continuing with our suggested regimen over time, to maintain your skin’s health at its best. Our recommendation is for customers to repeat the skin test again after 3 months and then 6 months to measure progress. These skin health tracking costs are taken off subsequent product purchases.
All Skinara’s products are microbiome friendly.
Just order the easy-to-use skin testing kit on this page and we’ll send it to you. Take the skin swab sample at home as per the instructions and post it back to us.
Yes. We have very robust data protection systems in place to ensure the total privacy of any customer information. We do not sell or share any customer data. Every customer’s test sample is anonymously processed by our lab using a unique identification number, not their name. The results are then shared securely with the corresponding individual customer only.
Unfortunately, because the serums are customized to individual test results, we cannot accept returns or apply refunds once your order has been processed.
Deionised, sterilised water
Easy to use Skin Testing Kit
Preparation: the night before you use the swab, take off all makeup and don’t use any skincare. Take the swab first thing the next morning, before washing your face (even with water), showering, applying makeup, creams or any other cosmetics. Important: not suitable while using topical steroids or antibiotics. Wait at least 7 days before taking any skin testing kit.
1. Open the pack and locate the collection tube in your skin testing kit. Clearly write your name and the date on its label.
2. Locate the swab pack and very carefully open it from the handle end, making sure not to touch the swab tip.
3. The swab tip should not be in contact with any surfaces, before or after being applied to your cheeks.
4. Apply firm pressure when placing the swab tip on your cheek. Rub the tip up and down the cheek for 40 seconds. Then rub the swab tip up and down the other cheek for 40 seconds.
5. Carefully remove the collection tube cap, ensuring the solution inside is not spilt.
6. Immediately insert the swab tip into the bottom of the tube, making sure it’s covered by the solution inside. Do not touch the swab tip or bring it into contact with any surface.
7. Make sure the ‘break point’ on the shaft of the swab is next to the top edge of the collection tube. Then snap the swab shaft at the break point. Dispose of the rest of the swab shaft you’re holding.
8. Screw the cap firmly back onto the tube making sure not to spill the solution inside.
9. Place the collection tube into the prepaid envelope we provided and post it back to us as soon as possible.
DISCLAIMER: any skin test results or advice provided are not intended to diagnose, prevent, cure or treat any disease or ailment. Skinara® does not engage in offering professional medical or health advice. If you have a health problem or suspect you have a health problem, please consult your health advisory. Always consult with a healthcare professional before making any medical decisions.